Pillars of the Religion of Humanity
People should put the demands of society ahead of their own and be kind and unselfish.
Although there is disagreement about what exactly constitutes “order,” societies are supposed to have some structure.
Society should always strive for scientific and technical advancements since they advance humanity.
Sacraments of Religion of Humanity
- Introduction [Comte’s equivalent of baptism in Christian faith.]
- Admission [the end of the education period]
- Destination [The career of the individual]
- Separation [Later stage of individuals in society]
- Absorption [Mortals pass away and take their place in history]