Differentiate between primary and secondary groups.
Groups are divided into primary and secondary.
- Size- Primary group is small while the secondary group is large in population.
- The primary group has personal and intimate relationships while the secondary group has impersonal and distant relationships among the members.
- Communication- In the primary group, communication is face-to-face while secondary communication is not always in physical proximity.
- Feelings- There is We feeling in the primary group while the secondary group has an anonymous relationship and no emotional feelings.
- Motive- Primary group is relationship driven while the secondary group is goal driven.
- Replacement- In the primary group, every member is irreplaceable but in the secondary group people are replaceable.