About Association of Sociologists and Demographers of the Republic of Moldova (ASDM)
The Institute of Legal, Political, and Sociological Research collaborate on research projects with the Association of Sociologists and Demographers of the Republic of Moldova, the country’s national sociologist association.
History of Institute of Legal, Political and Sociological Research
The Ministry of Education, Culture, and Research of the Republic of Moldova established ICJPS as a public law organization in scientific research and innovation.
The Institute is one of the nation’s foremost research institutions specializing in social science and legal research. ICJPS succeeded academic research organizations in the area, founded in Chisinau in the 1950s during the USSR period.
Mission and Activities of Institute of Legal, Political, and Sociological Research
- The association’s main objective is to ensure the Republic of Moldova’s socio-political modernization in the context of the progression of the European integration process.
- The main activities of the ICJPS are to conduct research projects to assist the Republic of Moldova’s European integration.
- ICJPS will restructure the Republic of Moldova’s international and domestic policies to reflect pledges to modernization and democracy.
- Examining domestic legal framework growth potential in light of the Republic of Moldova’s security requirements is the goal of the ICJPS.
- The research results of the ICJPS are published in scientific journals, national and international conferences, and at events hosted by the Institute in cooperation with other institutes.
Research Subdivisions Of ICJPS
The four research subdivisions of ICJPS are
- The Centre for Strategic Research
- The Centre for Sociology and Social Psychology
- The Centre for Legal Research
- The Centre for Political Research and International Relations
Moldovan Journal of International Law and International Relations
The Association of International Law of the Republic of Moldova, in collaboration with the Institute of Legal, Political and Sociological Research and the University of European Studies of Moldova, founded the “Moldovan Journal of International Law and International Relations” in 2006 as a scientific-theoretical and societal issues-based publication.
Journal of Philosophy, Sociology and Political Science
The Institute for Legal, Political, and Sociological Research publish a regular edition of the Journal of Philosophy, Sociology, and Political Science, launched in 1953 and reorganized in 1991.
The main objective of this publication is to advance a sociological understanding of society and the study of the political, social, and demographic processes that the Republic of Moldova must through to become a fully integrated member of the European Union.
Political Opinion Poll by Association of Sociologists and Demographers of the Republic of Moldova
The ASDM study’s objectives include identifying social influences, describing how Moldova voters respond throughout the election process, and analyzing how social, political, and economic processes interact in the nation.
International collaborations of ASDM
As a participant in ISA and ESA, Moldova has actively collaborated and connected with other European nations. In collaboration with the Sociological Association of Ukraine, ASDM hosted a conference titled “Cross-border cooperation: views, issues, solutions.”