History of Lebanese Sociological Association (LSA)
The Lebanese Sociological Association made its debut in Lebanon in 1993 at the initiative of nine academicians and sociology researchers affiliated with several institutions in Lebanon. The LSA is a non-governmental organization with expertise in sociology and a focus on social scientific investigation.
Mission of Lebanese Sociological Association
In the academic sphere, LSA aims to improve critical thinking in social, economic, and cultural research and to spread social science knowledge across Lebanese society.
Through ongoing training, LSA aims to increase the knowledge of social work professionals and strengthen their capacities.
Activities of LSA
- The LSA seeks to forge strong linkages between social scientists working in Lebanon and abroad and with significant national and international scientific organizations in the humanities disciplines.
- One of the main goals of LSA is to provide opinions and recommendations on social issues, either voluntarily or in response to requests from outside organizations, to assist decision-makers in coming up with the best solutions.
- The LSA encourages multidisciplinary research as well as social research on a range of social topics.
- Through theoretical and practical scholarly research, capacity building, and public awareness campaigns, LSA is the main contributor to understanding Lebanese social structure.
- LSA aims to promote sociology as a field of research and career in Lebanon.
- The LSA seeks to improve sociology as a discipline and advance scientific understanding in Lebanon.
- LSA organizes seminars, presentations, workshops, conferences, and training programs to enhance a career in sociology as a discipline.
Anyone who satisfies the LSA requirements, such as having a post-baccalaureate degree in sociology, is eligible to join the organization. After receiving the unanimous endorsement of the Membership Committee and considering the applicant’s level of scientific expertise in sociology, LSA membership is officially approved.
International collaborations of the Lebanese Sociological Association
LSA is an active participant and member of the International Sociological Association.
Organizing lectures, book debates, and scientific symposiums regularly are the main activity of the association of Lebanese sociologists.
LSA Social Media Relevant Links