New India Manifesto – Chapter 10: Self-Innovation Learning System
Self-Innovation Learning System is a framework that will help to explore one’s capabilities and expand one’s knowledge. This method is available to people who want to be academically relevant or return to academia and succeed in a particular subject. This method is mainly available for people out of college or school who have lost touch with the various subjects and want to learn a specific subject step by step and do something fruitful or innovative with that knowledge. It is not a degree programme and should not be promoted as a job-oriented programme. People in their extra time after their regular jobs can take over this as a challenge.
Once they cross each level in a particular subject, they will get a certificate. In addition, each tier certification will have an exam. There is no age limitation; any kid or adult can join this.
National Level Body
The NCERT-like body will be created to develop a syllabus for each subject which rises from the basic level to the highest and most complex areas. In the beginning, each subject will have ten tiers starting from the base tier, which is primary school level content, to the most advanced content of the subject in ten tiers. It is a never-ending tier system meaning that different tiers will be added every year to the subject based on the recent changes and contributions to the subject. In addition, it means that once a person crosses the 10th tier, the 11th tier will be waiting for that person. The upcoming tiers will be designed based on the latest innovations, scientific publications and current events. Till the 10th tier, it will be mainly static subject-based, and the recent events and innovations will start only from the 11th tier.
This body will employ more than 1 lakh individuals in India and has the potential to bring people from different countries to this platform, thereby making India a global player in the educational system. Government can earn billions from enrolling foreigners on this platform. Since it provides every subject on this planet, all universities worldwide would want to collaborate with this platform.
Subject-Specific Recruitment and Interdisciplinary Recruitment
Recruitment of the body that creates and regulates the content of each subject should be carefully selected. Subject-specific recruitment and interdisciplinary recruitment should be organized separately. For example, a person with the school-level stream, graduation and post-graduation in the same subject should only be considered for subject-specific recruitment. Likewise, people from different graduation and post-graduation subjects should only be considered for interdisciplinary subjects.
Paid Practical Lab Access and DIY Kit Access
Government can earn crores of rupees annually by collecting payments for lab access and providing DIY kits.
Advantages of Self-Innovation Learning System
- Many curious people want to contribute something towards society. Government is responsible for ensuring that such talents and commitments are not lost. This platform is aimed at harnessing such talents.
- Age and education is not a factor in learning this. Even someone with zero education and above 50 can learn this content if interested.
- Government can earn money from the certification programme tier exams.
- This method holds the key for many upcoming innovations in the future.
- People who are at higher tiers have the possibility of getting recruited by private companies and research organizations.
- Every subject will have its proficient academic system in India.
- It is giving hope to people who want to make a footprint. India will become empowered to generate world-class experts in every subject.
- The process has no guide or tutor, and the person is entirely independent in learning. There will be video-prerecorded classes that will be available to aspirants. If people have further doubts, they can book an appointment with distinguished professors in that subject. Such an appointment can be made via the platform, and government can earn an 18 per cent service tax for each booking.
- This is very cheap and affordable as there is no teaching faculty, and it does not require a regular building like colleges. Paid features are only needed if students want additional benefits. In standard cases, they can have the cheapest education if additional benefits are not used. A person enrolling from India does not need to pay any rupee for admission fees. They can opt for e-books which will be provided free if they do not want physical copies. The payment is added only when a person books for tier exams. Individuals who successfully clear tier exams will get a certificate also for free. The benefit of the government is majorly from international students who will pay admission fees and other fees for sitewide access. Lab access and tier exam payments will also fetch profits to run the system.
- People have all time in the world to complete a tier, and the method is flexible. A person can take one week, month, year or a few years to complete a tier, and there is no time restriction. The next tier is immediately activated once a tier is completed. If a person is highly skilled, a person can complete all basic tiers within one year.
- The person is not filtered or channelled in a particular direction. Instead, the whole subject and various sub-disciplines of the subject are provided. The benefit of this way is that if someone gains insight into an area at a tier, they can drop the self-innovation learning system and pursue that direction. It is one of the primary intentions of this system. The new idea to specialize in one area is received from the generalized content. This platform would generate those triggering moments in which people are curious about certain things and want to pursue that direction. They can also get consultation on the new ideas they pursue with subject experts using the appointment booking system. Even though it is outside the tier examination system, it will be allowed and promoted. NEEIS would provide a platform for submitting such new ideas generated by the person. Once they have achieved something substantial in that area, they can resume tier learning and find another new idea while completing each tier.
- New literature and new academic content are generated for hundreds of subjects.
- People learn it in their extra time after jobs and have complete freedom in allocating time for it and can also stop learning whenever they want.
National Education and Extracurricular Interconnectivity System and Self-Innovation Learning System
Under the NEEIS system, the government will create a web portal where people from Self Innovation Learning System can submit their ideas and innovation and check with similar concepts and innovations to ensure they are original. In addition, patent support and intermediary support to find investors will be provided to people.
Special Note: This is the tenth chapter of the book New India Manifesto by Blessen T. Sam. The concepts introduced in this book are unique, and referencing the book and the author is appreciated. Support the hard work of the author to modernise India by purchasing a print copy of the book from Amazon or Flipkart.